Monday, January 28, 2008

State of the Nursery III

Good evening ladies, gentlemen, grandparents, friends, countrymen and loyal readers. I can hardly believe an entire year has passed since my second State of the Nursery address!

Madame Speaker, Mr. Vice President, members of Congress, distinguished guests, fellow citizens: As we gather tonight, my nursery is undergoing some changes, my economy is on the upswing, and I am facing the possibility of a new nursery leader . Yet the state of my Nursery has never been stronger.


The Economy
As you know, I acquired a bank from my Papa Tousey last year. The bank has remained full of coins, lots of them silver dollars. Some of the coins came from Papa, but a lot of them I found laying around in the bottom of Mama's purses. I am also working on a plan to levy taxes for kisses and hugs.

Healthcare
I had a nasty two-week virus a few months back, but my doctors took excellent care of me. Otherwise, I have been healthy as a horse, and about the size of a Shetland Pony. Also, I recently had my first chiropractic adjustment, and I am no longer subluxated.

The Housing Market
It wasn't a good year for the housing market here. We took the house off the market before my birthday, and we are still trying to figure out what to do. Daddy will be talking to some contractors this week to see what can be done with our bonus room. I love my house, but I know Mama and Daddy would like a little more room.

Transportation
The nursery acquired some new railroads this year. I have appointed Thomas the Tank Engine as my Secretary of Transportation, and Percy as the Undersecretary.

Immigration
I hear tell that my Aunt Steph and Uncle Ken will be moving to the Old North State this summer. I'm excited about that. What I am concerned about is the possibility of my Uncle Ken smuggling an illegal stray across the border. I too have compassion for cats who are looking for better food in a different place, but allowing this cat to stay is creating a burden on the named, vaccinated and fixed pets already in the house. I am submitting a bill that will require all felines to have proper documentation before entering the nursery.

No Child Left Behind
I can say sentences with six words. Six words! Like, "I throw rocks in the lake." I can also do two-word ones. My favorite is "No, Mommy!" I can read books and I can name about a zillion colors. I can also count to 13.

Nursery Changes
This will be my final State of the Nursery address. Mostly because I am getting a big boy bed soon, and once the crib is gone we can't really call my room a nursery anymore. So next year will be more of a State of the Playroom address. But then again, maybe you will get a Nursery address, from someone else. As you know, it is an election year, and for the first time in my life I have some competition. Come July, there will be a new Tousey who is looking to be in charge of the place. I have to let Democracy run its course, but I don't have to be happy about it.

In closing, I would like to say thank you to all who have supported me for the past two-plus years. I would like to give a special thanks to Daddy and to Mama who let me be me. I would also like to thank my Papa and Granny High and Papa and Nana Tousey for their unending love. Just remember who was your first grandbaby when that new baby comes! (Did I type that out loud?) Anywho, thanks and love also to my aunts, uncles, great-grandparents and extended family. I love you all more than you know. The state of the nursery is good. God bless America.

9 comments:

Annie said...

That was very cute!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,(I mean, Sam)
That was just precious. I see your mom shining through you... I love reading about your family and all of your adventures.
Cheri Wofford(Carly and Evan Adams' mom)

Anonymous said...

Sam,
I will never cease to be amazed by your wit and charm!
Love,
Meredith

The Dales said...

You're a trip, Sam!

Anonymous said...

Sam,
No one can take your place!
There will just be two little Tousey's to love and SPOIL.

We love you a big bunch!!
Papa Don & GG

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sam Looks like you have everything under control in your state (nursery). Maybe the next Tousey will make a good vice president in your state (nursery) one never knows, but anyway good job, well done, you've got my vote!!

Love,
Aunt Linda

Meredith said...

Sam,
Thanks for letting your mommy come and play with me yesterday.

your Durham friend

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Dear Sammer,

I am interested in finding a cabinet position for you when my son runs for president. I like the way you think, my friend and I see great potential. Remember Nate in '28, submit your resume as the date approaches.

Love,

Mrs. Lil Mama

Debbie said...

Sammer,
Sounds like you have full control of the nursery and despite the chance of a takeover I have a feeling you will still be "King of the Hill" or should I say "House." We love the wit and humor it puts a smile on all of our faces.
Lots of love and kisses,
Nana