So, I had a little treat this weekend. On Thursday afternoon I was just playing with Thomas in the living room when Mama told me I had a surprise outside. I thought she meant Daddy was home, but when I walked out the door there, on my very own Raleigh sidewalk, were my Granny and Papa High! As Granny would say, "woo-hoo!" This was a special treat 'cause usually I go to their house, so I was rendered speechless to see them here. But I quickly recovered. I did make it clear that I like their house better than mine, though. Naturally a Grandma's house is way better than one's own house (just see the previous post about my Florida trip for confirmation). But, since they did go to all the trouble to come here I wanted to make it worth their while.
On Thursday night we stayed in and Mama and Granny made a yummy spaghetti dinner. On Friday we went shopping for some fuzzy pom-pom balls for me and we perused Dick's Sporting Goods for Papa. Then we had a scrumptious lunch at Jason's Deli. I especially love this place because they have free ice cream, and Papa doesn't make me eat all of my lunch before I get any. On Friday night we stuffed our faces at Kemp's Seafood, 'cause Granny and Papa love some seafood. We got way too much fried shrimp for five people to eat. On Saturday Mama had to work, so Daddy and I took care of the folks. After breakfast we went downtown to Pullen Park and then we went over to Mama's work to pick her up for lunch. Mama and Granny took me home while Daddy and Papa went to the Farmer's Market where they picked out some sweet corn-fed cow steaks for dinner. This morning Granny and Papa accompanied us to church, which was great 'cause it was our Missions Festival weekend. I hated to say goodbye, but I know I will see them again soon, and at their house where I can throw rocks in the lake.
Thanks for coming to see me Granny and Papa!
Update: Granny sent pictures!


Bye!
On Thursday night we stayed in and Mama and Granny made a yummy spaghetti dinner. On Friday we went shopping for some fuzzy pom-pom balls for me and we perused Dick's Sporting Goods for Papa. Then we had a scrumptious lunch at Jason's Deli. I especially love this place because they have free ice cream, and Papa doesn't make me eat all of my lunch before I get any. On Friday night we stuffed our faces at Kemp's Seafood, 'cause Granny and Papa love some seafood. We got way too much fried shrimp for five people to eat. On Saturday Mama had to work, so Daddy and I took care of the folks. After breakfast we went downtown to Pullen Park and then we went over to Mama's work to pick her up for lunch. Mama and Granny took me home while Daddy and Papa went to the Farmer's Market where they picked out some sweet corn-fed cow steaks for dinner. This morning Granny and Papa accompanied us to church, which was great 'cause it was our Missions Festival weekend. I hated to say goodbye, but I know I will see them again soon, and at their house where I can throw rocks in the lake.
Thanks for coming to see me Granny and Papa!
Update: Granny sent pictures!



2 comments:
Awwww. What a sweet surprise, Sam. I know you had a wonderful time. And spank your Mama for not taking pictures, okay?
Sammer T. what fun you all must have had! Is that really you swinging with Daddy? And here I thought you didn't like swings! I'm so delighted you had such a grand weekend - isn't it fun having grandparents that love you to pieces? Missing you bunches.
Love,
Nana & Papa
Post a Comment