So we have logged one night on the floor. I don't know why they call it the floor, but that's where we are.
Charlotte had a great night. She slept most of the night, just waking up when the nurse came in twice to give her meds.
She has been taking a bottle fine, but her appetite is on the small side. But given what she's been through and the amount of pain meds she has been on, we aren't surprised that she's not too hungry. They are going to try taking her off the Oxycodone today. So far she is doing fine without it, and this should help her appetite and hopefully make her poop. (Too much?)
So that's the news. The child is just doing so well! She had open-heart surgery for Pete's sake! She was on bypass! And now she is sleeping peacefully in a private room with just the minimum of sensors attached to her. Her sats (oxygen levels) have been in the low 80s and her heart rate is holding steady around 130 without any medication whatsoever.
It's just all so crazy that you would think maybe her heart condition just wasn't that severe. But it WAS. So all this just points to the fact that we serve a big God who is mighty to save. He can move the mountains, and He can heal little hearts.
I would like to ask you all to pray for a family we met in the cardiac PICU waiting room. They have a five-day old baby who is awaiting surgery. They had no idea she had any heart problems when she was born in another part of NC. She had to be flown in to Duke while they drove here, unsure of what was wrong with her.
So please pray for Baby K and her sweet family.
Thank you friends.



11 comments:
It is so awesome what GOD can do!!!Each post gets better; when we get another one, Papa Don can tell by my voice that it is good and hurrys to see it.
Hope all the family is getting some rest.
Love, Gi Gi
Glad she is doing so well. Keeping you guys in my prayers.
Jenn,
Continuing to pray:O)
God is SO good!!!!
I'm all teary-eyed. Thanks for letting us know all the good news, and it was so good to hear your voice a few minutes ago. Love you!
I'm so glad to hear that Charlotte is doing well after surgery! I'll be praying for you guys Jenn!
She is such a beautiful, special little angel! She will remain in our prayers daily. What an awesome God we serve!!! I have no doubt that her precious little beating heart is securely in His hands!
Hey Jenn,
Sounds like Charlotte is doing wonderful! That is so great! I'm so proud of her and it is awesome that it has only been a couple of days since surgery! Amazing! We're continuing to pray for yall!
-Bethany
Yay Charlotte! She is doing so great and it so good to hear. I love seeing the pictures of her and I LOVE the one of her and her daddy with her sweet thumb in her mouth. I am so proud of our girls and what they have gone through. They are so strong and brave. Thank you God, for all of your blessings and for taking care of sweet Charlotte.
Hugs,
Faith
Praying for each of you!
Heard of your situation on Prayer of Hannah...
Mariah
We're glad Charlotte is doing so well after the surgery. Hopefully she'll cruise on through and be able to come home soon!
David & Carolyn Roberts
Post a Comment