Some friends of ours gave us a gift card to Pottery Barn after Charlotte was born. I have been on that website over and over, trying to decide how best to use it.
I was looking at all the pretty dresses, but I hated to get something that Charlotte would only be able to wear a few times. I looked at stuff for her room, but it's hard to find things that really go with the color pallet in there. Then I checked out the toys in an effort to find a little something that she would enjoy for a while.
I was looking at all the pretty dresses, but I hated to get something that Charlotte would only be able to wear a few times. I looked at stuff for her room, but it's hard to find things that really go with the color pallet in there. Then I checked out the toys in an effort to find a little something that she would enjoy for a while.
And there I found the cutest little red stovetop that you can set on a counter or table top. And it was on clearance! So I also ordered the little matching pot and pan set. 
Two days later, it "fell out of the sky," according to Sam. (Any time a box appears on our doorstep, the sky is its place of origin...)
And he hasn't stopped playing with it since. Sam has been my little sous chef for a while now, helping me mix up brownies, pancakes, macaroni and cheese, and anything else that can be prepped at the island. But I think he likes the red stove better than the real thing. I kid you not, he stood in a chair at the island for over an hour the first day we had the stove, and he has spent hours at it on the kitchen table every day since.
His specialty is bean "pancakes." He'll make you some the next time you're here.
Needless to say, we will be getting years of fun out of this little red stove. It's way better than a frilly monogrammed dress. 
The Sous Chef's shirt is provided courtesy of Uncle Jeffrey.



1 comments:
I love everything about this post.
Uncle Jeffrey
Post a Comment