(I apologize for not posting this sooner. It's been one of those days!)I spoke with Dr. Milazzo today, and he said that we will plan on doing the surgery sometime mid-to-late January. Charlotte is doing so well that there is no hurry to do the surgery, so the team decided it would be best to let her grow a little more. They look at her weight gain and her oxygen saturations to determine when her heart is having to work too hard to stay as-is, and right now she is still gaining weight like a little champ (40 grams over night last night!) and her O2 sats are still in the 80s. So we will wait and let her chunk up a little.
I am happy about this for two reasons. We can have a normal Christmas with family and I can go ahead and start her on solids in a few weeks. That should help fatten her up even more.
We will have another appointment with Dr. M. in a few weeks, and we will schedule her heart catheterization then. Her surgery will be two weeks after the cath, which is done to give the surgeon and his team the best picture of her heart and lung function. That will be an overnight stay at Duke. Dr. Milazzo said that we can expect a 7-10 day stay for the surgery.
So that's the news. Thank you all so much for checking in and caring and praying for Charlotte and us.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!



7 comments:
YEA!!! I am so excited to hear such good news. I am glad that Ruthy is doing well. Cant wait to see you all at Christmas. I move in soon so it should be a blast. I wonder what sammer will think about sissy being at his granny and papas house. Love you all!
♥Sissy
Charlotte, Papa Don and I are excited at how your Dr.'s are always saying how well you are doing. I think your last picture is the best one yet. You are adorable like your br0ther, Sam.
See you at Christmas!!
Love Gi Gi
Charlotte, I forgot to tell you how sweet you look with your dimples. Love you, Gi Gi
Charlotte and Sam, it was great to see you briefly today! Charlotte, thanks for letting me snuggle with you for a minute. Love, Meredith
Good news! I'm glad that the timing is working out so well. What a blessing!
Hopefully, she'll make the stay a little shorter for you like Maggie did. She was there 4 days after her Glenn!
you have the cutest kids. charlotte is so PRECIOUS!
I have been following your blog for the last year or so off of Meredith's. Your kids are too cute but this picture of Charlotte has got to be my favorite of all times. Sheldon
Post a Comment