Sometimes I forget that Charlotte has a heart defect. I don't think about it or obsess over it. She seems like such a typical baby.
Except for the bottle. I hate the bottle and formula and measuring it and warming it. And throwing out what she doesn't eat. And having to re-work our budget to account for the expense.
And the feeding tube. (Will someone please tell me how to get a baby to take a whole bottle?)
And the meds.
I don't think I've mentioned before that Charlotte gets meds eight times a day. She has two prescriptions to keep her heart rate low and steady, one for blood pressure, aspirin to keep clots from forming around her shunt and two more for acid reflux. I have a nice little chart to make sure we know when she gets what. So far I have only missed one dose, and that was of the prilosec for reflux. 

And we weigh her every morning and check her oxygen saturation twice a day.
Other than that, she is almost normal...
But I wouldn't trade normal for what God has planned for our little Charlotte Ruth. Not for a minute.



3 comments:
What's normal anyway? Charlotte is just one more miracle from God and reminds us everyday how precious life is with her a part of it. We miss everyone terribly and are counting the days we get to cuddle with Charlotte and play with Sammer T.
Love,
Nana
It is amazing the things we take for granted. I really appreciate you reminding me and making me think of you all in ways I hadn't imagined. I am proud of you and I know the Lord has got a plan with all your family is experiencing. Your girl is a sweetheart in every way. Keep strong!
With love,
Scooter who has learned to value her feet more than ever before
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only mom who forgets their HLHS baby has anything wrong other than at feeding time. Charlotte is adorable. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on her progress.
Aimee
Mom to Jack, HLHS
Post a Comment