So, today me and Mama went to the science museum downtown to see the dinosaurs. They have dinosaurs that live there all the time, but today they had a special exhibit with some terrible lizards who were visiting from out of town. I wore my special dinosaur hoodie from uncle PJ, ‘cause what else are you gonna wear? Anyway, when we got there, Mama took me to see the permanent residents first to see what I thought. I liked looking at the 'saurs, but I did not like the noises they made one little bit. So Mama thought it best to forgo the ticket fee and just stick with the regular exhibits. One of my favorites was "Trouble," the whale (well, his skeleton) that hangs from the ceiling. I also loved the snakes. I could look at snakes all day! 
We also saw two turtles that were doing something that made Mama say, "What’s going on in there?" She didn't tell me what was going on, but there may be more than two turtles the next time we go to the museum. Also, I kept saying "What's going on in there?" as we continued on our journey. (I like to repeat things the parents say these days.)
Anyway, back to the museum. We also toured the butterfly conservatory. It was really hot in there, and I was sure that the butterflies and moths were trying to get me. Thankfully we made it out in one piece. We also looked at this giant fish called a Red Drum. Mama thinks the name is funny because it sounds like “redrum,” a phrase made famous in one of Granny’s favorite movies. My Daddy caught a couple of these himself a while back when he went fishing with Mimi’s husband Mr. Chris at the beach. His Red Drums were tasty, but not quite this big.

So, after all that we were pooped, and hungry. We stopped at our favorite place for quesadillas and had a yummy lunch, then home for a nap! All in all it was a great day. I can’t wait until Mama is done working for good so we can have fun like this more often.
This is me looking up at the animal skeletons hanging from the ceiling. And yes, I am one handsome kid.
And don't forget to vote in the contest below!
Bye!



4 comments:
Oh Sam, please invite me next time you visit a museum. That sounds so fun. Actually eating at the Q sounds best!
I had so much fun at that same museum with you this past summer pal! (I'm glad you graduated by the way- more time for cool trips like these). I love you buddy, Aunt Steph
I LOVE that place. I used to take my nanny kids all the time. Looks like y'all had a great day. :) Can't wait to hear the results of the little sibling contest!
your buddies ave and ak love this museum too! don't ya just love living in the triangle, sammer?
Post a Comment