Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Moonpie?


I have realized that many of our people, namely anyone born outside SC, NC, Georgia and Tennessee, have no idea what a moonpie is. A moonpie is a staple of the Southern diet; it is a mix between a s'more and a Little Debbie Cake. A moonpie is two round graham cracker wafers sandwiching gooey marshmallow filling and covered in a yummy chocolate coating. I like to eat mine right out of the pack, but if you're feeling extra-special, you can heat it in the microwave to make it all gooey. Mmmm-mmmm. So why are we calling the baby moonpie? Because a moonpie is sweet and the name is really cute, too. I didn't say logic factored in...
UPDATE: Oprah was just eating moonpies on TV!!!!

1 comments:

Debbie said...

Thank you for the picture, only now I am hungry for one! Missing you terribly and can't wait until we can play some more golf in the yard.

Lots of love,
Nana