Sunday, May 13, 2007

It's Mother's Day, again!




So apparently this Mother's Day thing rolls around every year. I thought it was just once, but no. So this year Daddy and I treated Mama to a Mother's Day weekend extravaganza. (And by "extravaganza" I mean we ate a whole lot of unhealthy food!) We started off Friday night with a trip to Chick-fil-A, where we got our usual dinner with a side of cookies and cream milkshake. Yummy! Then on Saturday, Mama made us a Mother's Day brunch with smoked salmon fritatta, cinnamon rolls and fruit. (I know what you're thinking - that we should have cooked for Mama, but she loves cooking and she does it so much better than us!)

Then on Saturday afternoon we got pizza and did a little shopping.


Today was the big day! I got to sit in big church with Mama and Daddy and I even got my very own Krispy Kreme donut. Afterwards we made our second annual trip to Char-Grill for lunch, but I fell asleep on the way there and missed the whole thing!

And of course, what Mother's Day would be complete without a big cookie? Yay big cookie! That was a gift from me and Daddy. We also got Mama a nice pedicure at a spa place. Sounds weird to me, but Dad said she would like it.

We love you Mama!


Here is a picture of us from last year...

Oh, I would also like to wish Nana, Granny, GG, Great Grandma Margaret, Nana Harris and Nana Tousey a happy Mother's day, too! Love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Sam, it's neat to see how much you have grown in a year. Sounds like you made out good for mothers day with all the great food and cookie. You are really becoming quit the little man what a cute boy you are. Tell mama I said Happy Mothers Day and we are still praying for Papa Don hope he is doing well!

Love you,
Great Aunt Linda

Meredith said...

I just love looking at your little peanut, Jenn!

Meredith Dangel

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a fun weekend for everyone. Thank you for the special card you sent and would you thank your mama and daddy for the renewal of Proverbs 31 what a treat. Aunt Steph enjoys reading them when I finish. Missing all of you.
Love,
Nana