Our little Charlotte is pretty easy to please. She just needs her thumb and her blanket to be happy. I made the mistake of taking her blanket home one of the days she was in the hospital to wash the crust off of it, and she was such a stinker for her Nana and Papa the whole time I was gone. When I got back and gave her the blanket, she was a different baby.
My Grandma (GG) got her the blanket before she was born, and for a while Sam slept with it. (He had to get his big brother stink on it, you know.) But he finally gave it to her, and she has rarely been parted with it since. I got to thinking after the hospital incident that it probably wouldn't hurt to have a back-up, just in case. So I put GG on the case, and she got us another blanket for Baby Girl. Thank you, GG!Anyway, Charlotte really is so cute with the whole thing... I'll put her in her bed and then put the blanket on her. She'll put her right thumb in her mouth, grab the blanket with her left hand and pull it up over her face. Then she'll roll over on her right side and off to sleep she goes!
In other Charlotte news, she is finally expanding her food preferences. Just today she had a scrambled egg, some angel hair pasta with cheese sauce, and peas (not all at once, of course). She has also sampled (blue) pancakes, bagels and other bread products. And she would down a whole carton of Puffs in one sitting if I would let her.
And I guess the most exciting thing she's got going on right now is that her first tooth has finally broken through! Yay! And we have already had visual confirmation on tooth number two. I'll try to get a picture once it's in better.
Charlotte has her nine month check-up tomorrow, and then we get to visit her favorite cardiologist on Thursday. So it's a busy week, but we don't mind. I am not taking for granted how nice it is to be able to take Charlotte to see her doctors, rather than having her in a hospital bed with the doctors coming in to see her.
It's been a great week here. We hope yours has been as well!
OH - I almost forgot to tell you that Charlotte is now able to chew her little baby aspirin every morning. Yay for little things that make our days easier.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
What a Girl Wants
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm glad I was able to find another blanket with the same colors; although it is plaid. Charlotte will always have one handy. The picture of her in bed is precious.
Love to all, Gi Gi
Gi
Gi
God bless your special litte family -WOW are we blessed or what?
Love,
Nana
Post a Comment