Friday, March 13, 2009

Update - 8am, Friday

Tim and I went back up to the hospital last night to see Charlotte. She was off the vent but she had the little oxygen tube in her nose. She was in that state where she was heavily medicated but still kind of awake.

She still looked good in terms of her color and all, but she was having a time with the headaches. She was pretty pitiful. We could tell that she was so exhausted but the meds weren't quite helping the headaches. (I'm sure that those of you who suffer with migraines can relate!)

The nurse and staff were so good last night - they listened to us when we told them about Charlotte's likes and dislikes, and they quickly took the O2 tube out when we told them that the tube and the tape agitated her. She calmed down lots after that.

We tried everything to soothe her, but nothing was working and we finally figured out that we were making her worse. She knew that we were in there and I think she was upset that we hadn't picked her up. So we left around 11pm.

Tim called to check in on her before we went to bed, and the nurse said she was a little calmer and that they were going to try and feed her a little pedialyte.

We are about to head back up there for the day. If you want to come and visit, just call my cell phone first. If she's still as agitated today we will probably hold off on visitors. But we will certainly be happy to visit with you in the waiting room.

Thank you all so, so much for your prayers!

3 comments:

Martha said...

We are continuing to pray for you all and praise the Lord that everything has gone so well so far!!

Jane said...

This sounds exactly like Maggie. She had a really hard time the first 24-36 hours and it was really hard to watch. I hated seeing her in so much pain when there was nothing I could do for her. Maggie started doing a lot better the 2nd and especially the
3rd day. It sounds like you have great nurses and that is such a blessing. You'll be holding her in no time!
Sending lots of prayers and hugs,
Faith

Faith M. said...

Oops, sorry I didn't realize I was posting under my mom's google account.
Faith