Thursday, December 04, 2008

Funny Sam


Some recent Sam-isms...

Daddy: Do you want to listen to Johnny Cash or Veggie Tales?
Sam: I want to listen to Johnny "Veggie Tales" Cash

"Here Mama, let me carry Sha-lotte."

"When is my Regular Nana coming to see me?"

Also, we watch a show on PBS called Super Why, where four little characters will go into a book to learn a lesson. The turning point of the show usually happens when one of the book characters (say, the Big Bad Wolf) is asked to do something contrary to their nature (like be nice to the little pigs). The character will refuse, stating that "it's in my story." The hero of the show will then zap a word in the story and change it. (So the Big Bad Wolf will become the Little Good Wolf and play with the pigs.) Are you following?

So a few weeks ago, I was talking to Sam about some behavior issues we were having. I was talking to him about the difference between "obey" and "disobey." This is how it went:

Mama: Sam, I want you to obey.
Sam: I have to disobey.
Mama: Why?
Sam: See, it's in my story.
Mama: That is more true than you know.

He has since used that little justification more than once...

3 comments:

Meredith said...

That is hysterical... and awfully smart, too.

Martha said...

Does this make Sam a Calvinist?

The Pettigrew's said...

Love the behavior conversation. I have them daily with Tucker. He does not listen. I am up for any advice on how to make them. :)