Remember back in the day, before there were "snack size" candy bars? Isn't a regular sized candy bar supposed to be a snack? Anyway... I was just thinking how good we had it when I was a kid, getting a whole bucket full of full-sized candy bars for Halloween.
But now I'm a Mama, and I am happy that my guy brought home a bucket full of bite-size candies. It makes it easier to dole out his two-a-day portions.
Samuel was going to be Johnny Cash. I had the black tee-shirt and the guitar all ready. I even bough some of that instant hair color spray in "jet black." But all day when I would ask him if he was ready to be The Man in Black, he would say "I want to be just Sam." So I tried to tell him that dressing up would be fun, and that people would give him candy. But still he just wanted to be Sam. How could I argue with that? "Just Sam" is like, the best costume ever!
But in the end, Sam relented. He still didn't want to be Johnny, but he did decide to don the football uniform (thank you, Sissy!) and head out with Daddy, who was dressed as a fisherman (or what he wants to be when he grows up).

All in all it was a great Halloween night. Mama got to give out candy to the neighborhood kids, Sam came back with a bucket of candy and Daddy came back with the names of neighbors we hadn't met yet.
But now I'm a Mama, and I am happy that my guy brought home a bucket full of bite-size candies. It makes it easier to dole out his two-a-day portions.
Samuel was going to be Johnny Cash. I had the black tee-shirt and the guitar all ready. I even bough some of that instant hair color spray in "jet black." But all day when I would ask him if he was ready to be The Man in Black, he would say "I want to be just Sam." So I tried to tell him that dressing up would be fun, and that people would give him candy. But still he just wanted to be Sam. How could I argue with that? "Just Sam" is like, the best costume ever!
But in the end, Sam relented. He still didn't want to be Johnny, but he did decide to don the football uniform (thank you, Sissy!) and head out with Daddy, who was dressed as a fisherman (or what he wants to be when he grows up).


All in all it was a great Halloween night. Mama got to give out candy to the neighborhood kids, Sam came back with a bucket of candy and Daddy came back with the names of neighbors we hadn't met yet.



2 comments:
Tim probably had as much or more fun than Sam.
Love, Gi Gi
Your welcome sammer. I looked everywhere for that thing and chase found it. Hope that you had a great halloween. I love you always. See you soon.
Love you
♥ Sissy
Post a Comment