Once again, I took Mama and Daddy and headed down the road to Durham. We went to see opening day of the Durham Bulls. They were playing the Scranton-Wilkes Barre Yankees. The Bulls lost pretty badly. Daddy did make the point that they were playing against men who were one phone call away from being called up to the NY Yankees. Point taken.
Anyway, we had a blast. Patrick from SpongeBob SquarePants was there. I really liked watching him and Wool E. Bull entertain the crowd. I also enjoyed eating the powdered sugar off of a massive funnel cake I split with Dad. 
What I did not enjoy were the fireworks. We left shortly after they began, and I had the Koala death grip on Daddy until we got in the car. But overall I had a great time, and I can't wait to go back!
Go Bulls!
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Opening Day
Posted by Jenn at 9:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
So glad you had a fun time, Sam! The DBAP is a great place. Go check out my blog - I put up a picture JUST for you.
Sounds like a fun night! My favorite would have been the funnel cake, yummy in my tummy.
Love you,
Nana
Wow - must be nice to have actually SEEN the game. We saw 1/2 an inning! Jon David does not have much patience for sitting and watching a game, unfortunately!
Post a Comment