Friday, October 26, 2007

Fair-goers


Last weekend when Nana and Papa were here, Daddy took a day off of work and we went to the North Carolina State Fair! Woo hoo!

This was my first trip to the fair, and it almost got rained out. (But we were really happy about the rain.) So, once the skies cleared, we ventured over to the fairgrounds for a day of fun. We started out at the kids barnyard where I got to see chickens, cows, rabbits and donkeys. There were animals everywhere. And don't even get me started on the food!

Daddy ate a big ol' turkey leg. Mama had a corndog. Nana and Papa were a little healthier and ate a grilled chicken pita. I had chicken nuggets. Then the real fun began! Nana got a huge swirl cone that she shared with me. Daddy and Mama got a big bag of cotton candy, which they shared with me. They also got a funnel cake, which they shared with me. Papa got a cone of his own, which he shared with me. And then Nana got a bag of taffy, which she shared with me! We also went on a few rides (this was before the heavy eating!). I rode a train with Daddy, a fire truck with Mama and Daddy, and then we rode the Ferris wheel with Nana and Papa. We could see all of Raleigh from the top! You could see Carter-Finley real good. I kept saying "football, football" every time we would roll past.

I had a big time at the fair. I'm real glad Nana and Papa could join us. Maybe this will be a new family tradition!

See ya later!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam,
Seems as you had a BIG time at the fair. You will have to ask Papa Don about our first experience on the Ferris Wheel..I'm glad you didn't get sick after eating so much food.

With our love to all,
GG

Anonymous said...

so i changed my blog so you might want to change your link.

http://ellegeejay.blogspot.com/


have a good weekend.
-L

Megan said...

It looks like you all had a great time! I look forward to taking Mollie to do fun things like that too when she gets a little older.

Anonymous said...

We sure did have fun that weekend! Papa and I can't stop talking about all the exciting things we did with all of you but the fair and your party were our favorites. Can't wait until we come back for more fun and excitment. How is the T-ball coming along? Papa asked if you were doing any new banking what with all the birthday cards you probably received?
Lots of love and kisses,
Nana & Papa

Anonymous said...

Sam,

Tell your ma to remind me to show her a picture of this little boy I grew up with. You look just like him!

It's really weird.

Love ya,

Miss Adriane