Saturday, August 18, 2007

Bed in Summer


Bed in Summer

by Robert Louis Stevenson


In winter I get up at night
And dress by yellow candle-light.
In summer quite the other way,
I have to go to bed by day.

I have to go to bed and see
The birds still hopping on the tree,
Or hear the grown-up people's feet
Still going past me in the street.

And does it not seem hard to you,
When all the sky is clear and blue,
And I should like so much to play,
To have to go to bed by day?
That pretty much sums up how I feel about going to bed these days...
Goodnight!

3 comments:

Carly said...

You're funny, Jenn! Adam and I are first cousins. I love your blog. Your son is super cute!

Carly

Anonymous said...

I hate to be the one to tell you this... but it will only get worse for you as you get older. Too bad you live far, far away from your Nana and your Granny. We would help if only we could!
Much love to you poor, pitiful Sam!
Granny

The Browns said...

We love this poem! The girls memorized it last year and we did several homeschooling projects with it. They often quote it to us when we are putting them to bed and it is still light outside!