
Hey everybody! Sorry for the delay... Mama wanted me to tell you that she is gonna start posting on Fridays instead of Sundays. She has a lot of stuff on Sundays, and it is just too hectic for her.
Anyways, this past week was so much fun! I'll tell you all about it, starting with Sunday...
The day started off like normal with Mama and Daddy getting ready for church. I was wearing my new Old Navy shirt with a collar. I was lookin' pretty good, if I do say so myself. That's when things turned ugly. You see, my Mama had gone and bought me some new shoes. They were on sale half price, so I guess she thought that was a good enough reason. She put 'em on me in the store to make sure they were long enough, but she didn't check the straps to make sure they were wide enough. They were not. But did that stop her from shovin' my feet in 'em any way? Nope! Needless to say, I was not happy. I cried all through church, but nobody went and got Mama, so she didn't know until she came to get me to go home. They all thought I was teething, but I think Mama knew what was wrong, 'cause she took my shoes off right away. And guess what? I was fine a few minutes later.


It was a good thing I started feeling better when I did, 'cause were going to play Frisbee after church! Daddy and Mama's kids from church were playing against another Sunday school class. The super cool part was that my new friends got to come along.
My new friends are really Mama's friends from SC. They are Mr. Nate and Miss Jaime and their pretty daughters, Averie and Austin Kate. They just moved here and they came to church with us last Sunday. Afterwards they came to the cook-out and Mr. Nate and Daddy made a big fire and cooked all the food. They did a great job, but they didn't even get to play Frisbee! I got to play with Averie and Austin Kate, so I was pretty happy...
Monday was fun, 'cause I got to go to work with Mama. As a matter of fact, I went to work with her on Wednesday and Friday, too! I think they should start giving me a paycheck! I did get to see all my friends that work there, and I got to play in Mama's new office.
Also, I think I am pretty big stuff now, for several reasons. First of all, I can pretty much stand up as long as I have something to hold on to. Also, I can WALK! Ha! Well, Mama said I should tell you that I can only walk if I am holding onto someone's hands. But I am putting one foot in front of the other and moving right along. I have been so busy with this new skill that I just don't have time to crawl! (I do pretend like I am going to crawl - this tricks Mama and Kitty Pants! Ha!)
Mama thinks I look like Katie Couric in this picture...

Another reason I think I am a big boy is that I am taking swim lessons! Yay! I have been having so much fun, and Miss Judy, my teacher, says I am the best little kicker! Mama says she can't take pictures of me swimming and keep me from sinking all at the same time, so no pictures yet. But... my Daddy is coming tomorrow to watch me! So he will take pictures and Mama will put them up tomorrow.
That's all I can think of right now. Mama tried to take a picture of my little chompers, so if you look real close and squint your eyes a little you can kind of see them.
Have a great week!





2 comments:
Sam,
I saw your teeth and I am so excited! Wow! You look like such a big boy standing up sounds like you have had a very busy week. I so sorry to hear about your shoe story, that makes Grandma sad because I don't like to hear you were crying and thank goodness your Mama knew exactly what to do, boy are Moms smart! And so are Grandmas. We love you!
Love, kisses, hugs, and prayers,
Grandma Debbie and Pops
Sam oh Sam...
You are getting too big too fast!
No wonder Kitty Pants was hiding under that chair. You kind of looked like a "Tiny Elvis" the way you were standing in those church clothes. You were looking like you had some smooth moves!
I love you and cannot wait to see you again!
Granny
Post a Comment