Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Big Sale, Little Bows and Where's Waldo

We had the big Kids' Exchange consignment sale this weekend. I got to go shop early since I was a seller this time. I took Sam and Charlotte with me. Crazy, I know, but they were so good. We stood in line for over 90 minutes to check out, but Sam stayed in the stroller with a bag of goldfish crackers, and I had Charlotte in the sling.

For being good, Sam got to pick out one toy, and he found a Rawlings catcher's mitt for $3. We also found several great deals on clothes. I got all these for Charlotte. The pink one on the far left is going to be her Easter dress. And the white one was new with tags. But the find of the day was a pair of Keen's for Sam for $8. I didn't get a lot of stuff, since I wanted to actually make a little money, but all total I bought the glove, shoes, one hat, a bag of rings for Charlotte, a great toy for her, a pair of swim trunks for Sam and six outfits for Charlotte all for $48.00.

They also had some vendors at the sale to chat you up while waiting in line. I couldn't help myself and bought Charlotte seven of the cutest little bows you ave ever seen. She'll need a little more hair for them to stay, but they are so sweet!
(Hey, it's like Sam with a bow!)

And finally, this is what happens when Sam gets bored while I'm giving Charlotte her bath:
Can you even find him in there?

5 comments:

Christina said...

oooh - love those Keens! I FORGOT to look at shoes...and that is like the ONE thing we NEED.

Let's say little sammer happens to outgrow those great shoes before the summer....I'll take 'em off your hands and free up space. :)

Debbie said...

Oh my gosh, Charlotte looks just like Sam in the picture with the bow! Two of the cutest grandbabies any Nana could hope for.
Love to all,
Nana

The Browns said...

you know i LOVE the LIME GREEN bow!!!

Anonymous said...

Charlotte, If you miss your green bow; make sure your Granny doesn't have it in her hair.
Love to all, Gi Gi

Martha said...

cuuuuute dresses. I imagine it is fun having a girl to dress up.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that picture and momentarily wondered why baby Sam was wearing that bow.