Can we just tell you how nice it is to have Baby Girl off the feeding tube? We can go places! We can do things! Night time feedings last 30 minutes, round trip! No gagging, no beeping, no dumping milk into a bag by the light of a nightlight!
So we took full advantage this weekend. On Saturday we went to the farmer's market with Steph and Ken. We got two pumpkins to carve into lanterns. We want them to look like our friends Jesse and Christy did a few years back - like Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber.

(I always forget to take pictures of Steph and Ken when we're together. I promise I won't forget again!)
We tried to get Sam to wear his overalls to the market. The kid hates overalls. We thought if he could see for himself how cute he is, he would keep them on. He didn't.
So we selected our pumpkins and our mums and some hanging baskets for the back of the house.
We are going to have a pumpkin carving and chili night with Steph and Ken as soon as it cools off.
Then yesterday we went to church, where Charlotte is such a nursery champ. Sam is enjoying his new class. After church we came home, changed clothes and headed out to a picnic! We have been looking forward to this picnic for some time - it is an annual gathering put together by the Triangle Mended Little Hearts group. We got to meet some other heart families and enjoy some yummy food. Charlotte and Sam both had a fun time. Charlotte was definitely the youngest one there.

Speaking of Charlotte, she has found her thumb!

After the picnic, we went to BJs and then to Mimi's, to wish her a very happy birthday.
We were all tuckered out last night, but it was a good kind of tuckered out like we haven't had in a long time.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Busy Weekend
Posted by Jenn at 3:11 PM
Labels: sam. charlotte
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Oh my word. She looks so pretty!
And Sam! That first picture is CLASSIC.
All the pictures are precious; especially where sweet Charlotte has found her thumb. Also the one of Sam and Charlotte.
Love to all,
Papa Don & Gi Gi
I love seeing the pictures in spite of being one half of the enviable "Steph and Ken." In case you "forget" to take a picture next time, I can forward a shot of Julia Roberts and David Schwimmer posing together- it is essentially the same thing.
Looking forward to our next appearance- maybe some sort of blog streak...
Steph
I am so glad that you had such a great weekend, and I am glad that Charlotte is doing so well without the tube. She looks great and as always Sam is a cutie.
Aww...No matter who she looks like i hope she dosent hold on to that thumb as long as sissy did to hers.
love you
sissy
You d not know me, but Carrie Byce had something linking us, so I read your blog. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful. My daughter, Abbie, has some health issues, so I know what it is like. Keep on fighting the fight.
Post a Comment