Sunday, August 03, 2008

My First Post EVER!

Hey y'all! I'm sorry it took me so long to get around to posting, but open-heart surgery can wear a girl out. I'm sure y'all understand.
Anyways, Mama says I have to share this blog with my big brother, Sam. She said it would just be too much work to let us each have our own blogs. But Sam went to Granny's house yesterday, so I thought I would at least redecorate while he is away. Don't you like the new layout? I think it's just perfect!

I'm sure you've been keeping up with the last four weeks on Mama's blog, so I won't bore you with all the medical details. Just know that I am tickled pink to be at home in my own bed in my pretty room.

I will say that I am very thankful to all the doctors and Nurses (especially those PICU nurses) at Duke for taking such great care of me. But I do hope I don't have to see them again for several months at least.

I would also like to say thanks to my family for hanging in there with me through the rough patches. I have enjoyed my cuddle time with my grandparents and with Mama and Daddy. I thought I was going to get some cuddle time in with Sam, but he is more of a tackle kind of guy.

Speaking of Sam, have you seen a cuter big brother in your whole life? I don't think so!
Okay, I am a little tuckered out now. I am going to take a little nap.

Talk to y'all later!

(PS - Sam's Beatles shirt came from Mycah and her Mama. I hear tell that Miss Amy has a little friend for me who will be here in September! I can't wait!)

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Hi, Charlotte! Glad to see you making your blogging debut!

Debbie said...

Charlotte, I love the new layout just not so sure what big brother will think! Oh well, I guess you'll be in charge while he is away. You look absolutely beautiful and Sam is getting bigger by the minute. I miss everyone so much. Papa and I are counting the days until our next visit. We are praying for you and the family constantly along with our many faithful friends. We love and miss you all.

Love, kisses, hugs, and prayers,
Nana

Miss Mycah said...

Good job on the new decor Miss Charlotte! I love it. Don't you worry about what Sam will think. I'll have a talk with him. After all, he got to have his own place for nearly 3 years.
I LOVED getting to meet you last week and can't wait until we can all meet my brother and play together.
Please tell Sam I like his shirt.
Love,
Mycah

Anonymous said...

Hello Little Charlotte,
Glad you have started blogging with big brother Sam. It has been exciting to read his blogs, it will be double exciting now. You are beautiful and can't wait to see you in person.
We love yoy,
Papa Don & Gi Gi