Monday, June 09, 2008

Silly Mama

Know that as I type this, we are all okay. Otherwise, I wouldn't be typing this.

As you probably know, our city is about the hottest city in America right now. We are hotter than Florida where Nana and Papa live, and even hotter than Phoenix, where Steph and Ken live, and trust me when I say that there are few places in the universe hotter than Phoenix.

The heat advisory was kicking in at noon today, so Mama thought she should let me get out before then. I mean, at 9am it was only 90 degrees. She didn't want to turn me loose in our back yard, since the only shade is at the sandbox, and she knows that if I'm out there, then golf will have to happen. She was looking for something that required just one coat of sunscreen instead of eight. Soooo, we decided to go to the park. There is a nifty little playground just up the street from our house, and most of the sidewalk is shady. So we loaded up the stroller at about 10:15 and headed out. The problem came in the first hill. It's straight up and there was no shade. But Mama was a trooper. We had lots of water on board and we were chugging away. We finally turned a corner, and the longest stretch to the park was in fact shady. So we had a nice stroll. We got to the playground (which is completely shaded and cool) and I played for a long time while Mama recuperated on a bench. There was more water and granola bars, and then we decided to head back home before the real heat kicked in. Ha. The only saving grace was that the hot uphill going was the hot downhill coming back. We made it back in safe and sound, and it only took Mama's face an hour to go back to its normal color.

All in all it was a fun little trip, but if we go back with Mama in this state, we may need to take a car.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam, In the sacond picture, you look like Uncle P.J. In the fourth picture you look like your Daddy. I think you have looked like everyone at sometime in your 2.5 yrs. You look good in blue!!
Love, GG

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Looks like a scorcher, that mama of yours is a trooper!

Our House said...

Jenn,

I just finished painting our guest room a very similar green! I guess great minds think alike!

Adriane