I am so sorry I didn't get this post up sooner. You see, the internet was down, and then Mama went on a little trip. But we are back in action!
Now get comfy and I will tell you all about our trip to the Sunshine State... 
Daddy, Mama and me started our journey by traveling to the Raleigh-Durham International Airport. (For those of you unfamiliar with the area, Raleigh-Durham is the name of the airport, not the town.) Anyway, we checked in at the counter and then we went to find our gate. We got to take a shortcut through the security line since we had a stroller. Then I made sure to check the screens to make sure our plane was on time...
I did great on the plane. Mama and Daddy had brought me lots of toys and snacks. We had a layover in Atlanta, but I didn't get to see anything fun. I did get to split a frozen strawberry yogurt with Dad. We got into Ft. Myers around 2pm, and my Nana, Papa and Aunt Steph were waiting for us! They helped us get our bags and then we were off to the house. Not long after we got there, I FINALLY got to meet my Great-Aunt Linda, my cousin Trini and her daughter Maddie. Maddie and I have known each other for a long time, but we've only ever seen each other on the blogs. It was nice to finally get to see them in person.
Nana had made us homemade meatballs for supper. They were really yummy, but I was more interested in exploring the place and trying on Papa's shoes. They are big now, but just wait...
On Friday I had the most fun! I got to go swimming in my Great Nana Harris's pool. (Well, she shares it with Papa Harris and some other retirees, but we'll call it her pool just to keep things simple.) Linda, Trini, Maddie, Nana, Papa, Steph, Uncle Jeff, Mama and Daddy were there with me. Great Nana and Papa came later with my other cousin Kaleigh. I had a lot of fun splashing around, and I even put my face in a few times. My shrimp training at the YMCA certainly came in handy!

On Friday night the whole group from the pool, plus my cousins Bill and Tasha (Kaleigh's Mama and Daddy) went to eat at the shrimp shack. It was extra-special 'cause for the first time my Great Nana and Papa had all their great-grand kids together in one place! You see, Maddie's mama and Kaleigh's daddy are my daddy's first cousins. It was like a min-family reunion. We had so much fun!

Saturday we were together again for a trip to Lakes Park. My Papa was happy 'cause they were also having an antique car show. Maddie and I got to play on the swings and I played in the sand with Nana and Mama. Did I mention it was like 80 degrees the whole time?


Aunt Steph was supposed to leave on Saturday, but there was some dust flying around Dallas, so she had to stay one more night. I was sad for Uncle Ken, but happy for me! (I love my Aunt Steph! She lets me lick her ice cream cone!)
On Saturday night Daddy and Mama and me went to eat supper with Mr. Rob and Mrs. Christie. We had fun and I actually behaved the whole time! Later that night, Mama played Phase 10 with Nana and Steph (Nana won!) while Daddy and Papa watched The Godfather. I was supposed to be sleeping, but I didn't want to. I didn't want to miss the fun!
On Sunday I got to take two rides - one in the convertible car and one on Papa's new convertible lawn mower. Well, it's not really a convertible, but it doesn't have a top! It's hard to tell who was having more fun...


I also got to see Mrs. Debbie from next door and hang out with Aunt Steph for a little longer. Then it was off to the airport! One more stop in Atlanta and we were home. We didn't get in until way way way after my bedtime, so I was a little cranky. I decided to sleep until 9:00 Monday morning. Mama was glad.
I had the most fun at Nana and Papa's, and I can't wait to go back again. Next time I will make them take me to the ocean. Did I mention they live on the Gulf Coast? So their ocean water is different from ours...
Anyway, Mama says I am starting to ramble. I'll see ya soon!
Monday, March 05, 2007
FLORIDA!!!
Posted by Jenn at 1:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Oh Sam,
We did have fun didn't we! It was so wonderful too finally meet you in person, your even cuter in real life. We will have to do this more often. You take care of yourself and I will continue to look for news on the blog. We love you so much.
Great Aunt Linda XXX000
You are too cute for words! You look like your Uncle PJ from the backside trying on your Papa's shoes . You must have been looking for your dancing shoes~
Glad you got to meet a lot of your family. I know they were glad to meet you.
I'm too jealous...
swimming in early March.
No fair! No fair!
Glad you were a good traveler - maybe the Airline will bump you up to first class next time for being so good.
We love you Sam! You too Jenn & Tim
Granny & Papa
Sam,
We had the best time ever and Papa and I can't wait for your next visit. The pictures made me smile all over again because it brought back all the beautiful memories and fun we had. Have I told you lately just how special you are? We love you all,
Nana Debbie
P.S. Don't forget to give mom a big kiss for posting all the pics.
Jenn,
I don't have your actual email address or I would just email this to you. But I wanted to let you know EBAY has a ton of the Vera Bradley back pack style purses you were wanting. Some brand new, some retired, and some slightly used. Prices ranged from 15.00-70.00 dollars. Just wanted to let you know to take a peek. Love you guys hug your little guy for us.
Trini
Post a Comment